With three bedrooms and two baths, the Sophie Side of the Sisters House is perfect for bringing everyone you love with you on your next trip to Lancaster County, and this vacation rental is a great alternative to hotel lodging. It is a duplex that was built into a 200-year old barn. It features a first floor bath and bedroom, full kitchen and sunroom with a view of the Weaverland Valley – one of the richest areas of Lancaster County and a great source for flowers, herbs and fresh produce. Solar panels provide all the energy for this electric house, including central air.
This whole-house vacation rental is perfect for your next girlfriends getaway or family reunion in Amish country.
Features: The Sisters House is located next door to the inn and is the perfect whole-house vacation rental for your group. It features an eat-in kitchen with dishwasher, first floor queen bedroom and bath with walk-in shower, washer/dryer and living room equipped with Roku TV, Netflix, DVD, Cd player/radio and I-Pod docking station. There’s a sunroom overlooking the farmland of the Weaverland Valley. The first floor is very knee and hip-friendly and perfect for people who might have slight mobility issues. Upstairs, the master bedroom boasts another Cable TV and king-size bed. The other bedroom has queen bed and there’s a full bathroom with shower and single whirlpool tub. Located on a dead-end street, it’s a quick walk to Terre Hill Memorial Park with tennis courts, The Timbers playground, basketball courts, plenty of open space and terrific views of farmland and Amish buggies. The Sisters House is perfect for a girlfriends getaway or family vacation. Downstairs, there’s a covered porch. If you visit in the warmer months, there’s a grill in the backyard.
Amenities: All bedrooms have clock radios/CD players. The living room has a queen sofa bed. The kitchen is stocked with plenty for your first breakfast – local sausage, a dozen eggs,cheese, bread, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, milk, baked goodies from the inn and a full cookie jar. The Sophie side of the Sisters House is decorated in a “cigar” theme – in remembrance of Sam Watts, who built it in 1848 and owned one of the many cigar factories in town. Guests are offered complete privacy – maid service is available for an additional charge.
Rate: $235 Sunday through Thursday nights, $260 Friday and Saturday nights. Two-night minimum on weekends. Price is based on two adults; each adult over is $25/night. Kids under 12 stay for free. Maximum allowed by law: 8.
- There is just one small step into the entrance of the Sisters House.
- The green bedroom is on the first floor. It boasts oak antiques and a queen size bed. There is a full bath on the first floor with a walk-in shower, making this bedroom/bath very hip and knee friendly.
- The living room has a flat screen TV, stereo system and I-Pod docking station. The old picture above the sofa is a cigar sign – from cigars produced by Sam Watts. He owned a cigar factory in town – the Sisters House was once used to house those cigars. He’s also the gentleman that built our home, The Artist’s Inn, and owned 110 acres in Terre Hill. If you are familiar with Terre Hill, ah, that’s most of the town!
- The kitchen is well appointed and has a microwave, dishwasher, Keurig machine, toaster and coffee maker.
- The mastery bedroom (second floor) is decorated in Waterfall furniture, has a king-size bed and a flat screen TV. All bedrooms have dream machines.
- The floral bedroom (second floor) has queen size bed and antique furniture. There’s a full bath with shower and single whirlpool tub on the second floor.
- There is seating for 8 in the sunroom.